Dear Doc . need your suggestions urgently It's been one.and half.years since I have been facing this issue . 1 - No interest level in anything either personal or professional. 2 - temper raises very quickly and most of the times am wrong 3 - I am always sad and demotivated 4- its really hampering my married life .
views-icons 151 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Depression

doctor profile image
Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu
7 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, Well as you have mentioned above, you are absolutely right. Your symptoms show that you have moderate to severe depression. Since its been going on for such a long time i would suggest that you get in touch with a psychiatrist first as medication is necessary. And secondly, you must take counseling as medicines can help heal only 50% meaning the physical symptoms. For a stable mental health which would your remaining 50% you need to take a fee sessions in counseling. Follow the suggestions religiously with regular follow ups with your doc and it will surely help you to recover.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
3/3 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?