Dental Problem

There is a weird sound and sensation near my left tooth(Mandible). It's like some facial bones get stuck somewhere whenever I open or close my mouth. I have been facing this since almost a year now. Though it never pains but it get very uncomfortable at times. Not sure what exactly it is. Please advise

Doctor Answers (2) on Dental Problem

Hi..you have TMJ disorder based on your symptoms. You need to solve it from specialist before to goes to surgical procedure. It can be corrected only by splints and orthodontic treatment and would take nearly one year. Regards
Hi friend, The clicking sound in the jaw is a very common problem and it is due to stress on your temporomandibular joint. The joint is between your skull and your jaw. The jaw as you is mobile. It moves via a ball and socket joint viz. The temporomandibular joint. The undue stress on it can be due to hereditary factors, dental factors, habits or psychological stress. Treatment depends on the reason of clicking. Most cases resolve by general medical care and surgical intervention is not needed. A lot of treatment options are available depending on the root cause of your problem. A simple consultation and following of instructions from a dentist might help. Take care Abhyudaya Shrivastava, Vyom Dental Clinic and Implant Center F-14, Kailash Colony, New Delhi