Delayed periods

My periods are not regular.I hv periods after one and half or after two months from past one year.I feel everyday that there is menstrual flow but when I check out there is nothing.I m hyperthyroidism also.Is this can be the cause?I feel wry that I hv no fix time of hving periods.I hv periods anyday coz of no fix tym??

In a normal menstrual cycle, a balance between the hormones estrogen and progesterone regulates the buildup of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), which is shed during menstruation. If a hormone imbalance occurs, mentrual irregularities occurs.. Periods can be delayed for a single cycle or it can be delayed in every cycle. If the delay is in only a single cycle, the most likely cause is a temporary cause like stress. If the periods are delayed but regular in every cycle, then the chances are that the woman has a naturally long menstrual cycle and that this delay in her periods is normal for her