Decreasing hair density

My hair density is decreasing day by day. It's not very visible to others right now, but I know. The hair density is fine on the sides and the back of my skull, but on the top is bad. I wear helmet everyday to work. Can that be a reason? And how do I regain the hair density?

Doctor Answers (1) on Decreasing hair density

Hi. You may be suffering from early onset androgenetic alopecia. Does your father or brother or maternal uncles have balding? This could genetically predispose you to balding. Further environmental factors , pollution, stress, junk food and poor diet could cause you to lose hair further. You'll probably need treatment with hair care lotions or serums - something that has vasodilator properties and improves thickness of hair and reduces hair loss. Have a good balanced nutritious diet. You could even undertake Prp treatment which is beneficial in early alopecia. Yes your hair density can be restored if you take timely treatment and care of your hair. Helmet doesn't cause hair fall unless it's too tight a helmet. Tight helmet can cause pressure on scalp, otherwise using a normal comfortable helmet doesn't increase hair loss. For further queries See a dermatologist near you. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance in this regard. Warm regards. Dr Govind S Mittal, Excel Care hospital. Bangalore