Dark Patches/Hyperpigment
I had multiple sessions of Dermaroller last year for treating Ice pick scars. There was slight improvement in the scars but it has left some dark colored patches on my cheeks due to excessive sun exposure after the treatment. Is there any way to treat these dark patches or are they permanent?? Is Dermaroller worth continuing for treating Ice pick scars and hyperpigmentation?? Please advise on the basis of attached pictures. Thanks in advance.

Dr. Jolly Shah Kapadia
Cosmetologist 17 yrs exp Mumbai

Ice pick scars respond better to Fractional Laser resurfacing. Apply Sunscreen properly and reapply as required. You can read my article on practo healthfeed "know your sunscreens". Wait for the pigmentation to clear off completely before going for further sessions of dermaroller, even if it takes long time. Melaglow cream can be used twice a day on patches . Dr. Jolly Shah Kapadia DNB Dermatologist Skin Nurture Clinics Mumbai.