Dark circles, melasma
I have really dark circles under my eyes and they're permanent. I also have a really dark upper lip and my lip line is almost black. I think I have melasma as I have pretty noticeable pigmentation all over my face - nose, around the mouth, eyelids and under the eye, side of my cheeks and temples. I also have several dark spots left over from my previous acne and new one forming from ongoing acne. But the acne is not that severe and is under control when I control my diet. It's the pigmentation which is the real problem. I really don't want to get the advanced treatments done but I am ready to take any medication and follow a routine. My current skin routine consists of cleanser, toner, eye cream, serum, day/night cream and sunscreen. It doesn't really seem to help. I am putting sunscreen regularly. Please help me!

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Greetings. The following would help you : 1. Daily use of sunscreen in day time of SPF 30 applied half hour before sun exposure 2. Daily bed time use of moisturiser like cetaphil or emoderm. Reapply during lunch break during office hours. 3. Peeling agents and skin lightening agents prescribed by dermatologist for reducing tan and improving your natural skin colour and reducing spots. 4. Evaluation by dermatologist for for chemical Peel like party peels and micro derm abrasion - this will indeed help. 5. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed. 6. Daily fitness work out and loads of fruits and veggies will help loads in improving your skin. Hope this helps. Warm regards. Dr Govind S Mittal, excel care hospital, Bangalore.