Dark circles

I have had dark circles for a long time I usually sleep for 7-8 hours and sometimes more than that but sleeping has not helped a bit in reducing my dark circles. What should I do to reduce my dark circles?

Doctor Answers (1) on Dark circles

Hi. Greetings. Dark circles can occur due to variety of reasons - some treatable and some rather tough to treat. The commonest being hereditary and conditional feature in many and tough to treat this completely and permanently. Others include - stress, less sleep, hormonal issues, nutritional deficiencies, eyes problems, atopy, etc. Could also be due to shape of eye sockets. Treatment measures include peels, lightening and rejuvenating creams, lasers, Prp therapy and even tear trough fillers to improve light reflection. See a qualified dermatologist near you to discuss the same. Hope this helps, warm regards Dr Govind Suresh Mittal.