Dark circles

I have Dark circles around the eyes for the last 6-7 years. They have extended onto my left and right side of the face. pigmentation around the mouth. Darkness around the lips

Doctor Answers (1) on Dark circles

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.Mild to moderate dark circles often respond well to simple and inexpensive treatments, such as: Cold.Apply cold compress or two chilled teaspoons or a bag of frozen peas wrapped in a soft cloth to that area to temporarily reduce discolouration, since this things mainly acts on the blood vessels supplying that area. Use extra pillows- Elevate your head with two or more pillows to prevent puffiness that develops when fluid pools in your lower eyelids. Proper sleep- Although short nights don't usually cause under-eye circles, a lack of sleep makes you paler and more hollow-eyed, so shadows and circles you already have become more obvious. If you are not satisfied kindly Consult a dermatologist for further management.