Dark circles

Hi, I have dark circles from a very young age, when I consulted a skin doctor, he prescribed avarta under eye cream, but it doesn't work, nothing is working, What should I do, is this problem hereditary, do I need to undergo cosmetic surgery? Please suggest the appropriate, Thankyou.

Doctor Answers (1) on Dark circles

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
The problem you have seems to be the natural colour of your skin under the eyes. Any treatment you try may not be as effective as treatment given for dark circles that develop later on. You could try peels (go for at least 3 to 4 sessions) or laser toning (again at least 2 to 3 sessions). If there is improvement with these procedures you can go for more sessions and maintain with under eye creams. Unfortunately the skin under the eyes is also very sensitive so we cannot do procedures that we can on other areas or prescribe stronger creams that are used in other areas. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore