Dark circles @ eyes

I have dark circles @ my eyes, even my father has them...is it hereditory or can it be cured...i have consulted various docs n did many remedies..but no improvement

Doctor Answers (1) on Dark circles @ eyes

Dr. Rasya Dixit Bangalore | Dermatologist
Hi These are the common causes of the dark circles 1 herditary 2 significant eye strain by working on computers 3 lack of sleep 4 frequent nasal or eye allergy 5 loss of volume in the under eye area ad part of normal ageing 6 appearance of dark circles enhanced by deep set eyes Usually a combination of factors are responsible for the resistant dark circles. If you do not feel improvement with the use of a good retinol cream and skin lightening creams you need to try chemical peels or laser if you have only pigmentation. If there is a volume loss as well you will need fillers and prp. Please contact a dermatologist who can examine you and prescribe the appropriate skin care products and treatments