Dandruff problem
I have been suffering from dandruff problem til 1 year. i tried many anti dandruff shampoos but no result. now it becomes unbearable because of itching. What are the best suggestions for me to get rid of this problem?

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Trichologist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi. Greetings. Seborrhoea capitis/ seborrhoiec dermatitis or dandruff is a chronic problem. Please note. Avoid using oils on scalp. This acts as food for fungus causing dandruff. You can apply it only at the hair part and not the scalp for short durations if you wish to. Secondly wash hair with antifungal / low strength corticosteroid based shampoos. Use maintenance shampoos regularly. You may need a course of oral antifungals if your condition is severe. See a dermatologist near you. Hope this helps. Warm regards Dr Govind S Mittal. Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging.