Dandruff acne
I recently developed dandruff and due to which I now have fine small acne all over my face,upper back and chest,otherwise I don't have acne at all and have a clear face. Im using anti dandruff ketoconazole lotion which reduced dandruff but the acne are still there.what should I do to get rid of that acne?

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Greetings. Please note : Acne is a common problem at your age. Milk - excessive consumption can worsen acne. Reduce intake of chocolates and junk food too. Use a topical retinoid cream daily night. You may need a short course of antibiotics. Discuss other suitable forms of treatment with your dermatologist. Pimples may often leave spots especially of not treated or if we burst pimples or pick them. You'll need skin lightening creams for a specified duration to reduce the marks , and this could also be dealt with chemical peeling. Also you must use a sunscreen to prevent darkening of the spots. For pores and scars, creams may not work n you may need procedures like microneedling, microneedling rf, fractional lasers, prp or subscision or a combination of these. You could Send in pictures of the lesions and further queries at follow up messaging. Or see a dermatologist near you and discuss the same with him. Consider taking a sorry course of oral anti fungals, under prescription. Hope this helps. Warm regards.