Damaged sphincter muscles
Hello doctors, I am here to ask for my mom. She is unable to control her fecal waste even in public place. She uses toilet more than 5 times in morning. Test were taken in apollo hospital which says by anorectal manometer that ~ basal anal sphincter pressures were low ,and squeeze pressure were low and ill-sustained indicating external and inner anal sphincter dysfunction. By MRI SCAN PELVIS it states that 3.5 cm long defect in internal sphincter from 6'o clock position to 10'o clock position replaced with fat and scar tissue from the level of anal verge above. Scaring with thinning of external sphincter noted adjacent to the internal sphincter defect. There is Diffuse thinning of the external sphincter circumferentially with evidence of laxity. By inconvenient piles operation(10 years back) This problem raised before 2 years. And also by two normal deliveries.That's it. I would ask doctors to know weather this can be cured or not . By either medication or by surgical. THANK YOU.

Dr. J.Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
General Physician 17 yrs exp Chennai

The problems can be addressed by surgery. Please consult surgical gastroenterology department

How to strengthen your sphincter muscle