diabetes-icon
Cytomid is safe
Hie In my recent ultra sound report says I have bilateral polycystic ovaries I even did my DHT test but the range is normal My periods are regular , and have normal weight But was recently diagnosed with autoimmune thyroid and has been put on 100mcg And as I have acne my endocrine has put on cytomid 250 But as I do my part of research cytomid in women is for pcod So does bilateral polycystic ovaries mean pcod?? Can u have pcod even if you have regular menses And also is cytomid safe for me to take

Dr. Nikhil Prabhu
Diabetologist 8 yrs exp Mumbai

Cytomid is anti androgenic medicine . PCOS females normally have high testosterone levels and symptoms like acne, facial hair growth , hair fall etc. Yes bilateral polycystic ovaries means PCOS. Chronic has teratogenic properties so it is not safe if you are planning to conceive. TSH takes around 6 weeks to reflect change so you can repeat TSH 6 weeks after starting your1ppmcg dose to see if the dose is ok. More investigations,BMI, family history for diabetes etc also require to advice further