Cow milk introduction

My Daughter is 11 months old as of today ( born March 31, 2015) , and we introduced cow milk ( nandhini Packed) when she is around 9 1/2 months. She was very low on weight 7kg , when 9 months old. So doctor advised us to give Lactrum mixed with milk. Then she slowly started having milk ; we didn't find any issues with the digestion. She is still breastfed in the evenings and night. When discussing with friends now, they say that cow's milk shudnt be given at this stage. Since she is already taking milk, I doubt if she will move to NAN now ? Is it okay to continue ? Please advice

Doctor Answers (1) on Cow milk introduction

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello,,, since you don't have any problem with her digestion,, and baby is drinking milk continue cows milk,, she needs it for her to gain weight. Breast feeding can be continued upto two years if mother is OK with it. Record your baby's weight to see the improvement.