Counselling for pregnancy
Me and my girlfriend, who is 22, recently went for a trip where we made out but did not have sex. Today i read some online posts stating that it is possible for a girl to get pregnant even without any intercourse. I am a bit worried about this issue and I want to know what steps i should be taking currently to make sure about the pregnancy for my girlfriend. Please suggest some expertise on it. Thanking You.

Dr. Harsha
Hi there...I can understand your concern. The only way one can get pregnant is if the sperm comes in contact with the ovum in the fallopian tube. This mainly happens through intercourse, when the semen is ejacualted in the vagina. But rarely it can happen through hands coming in contact with the genitals(very very rarely). But if she is still worried she can take a urine pregnancy test 1 week from the day of intercourse. Also she can consult an obstetrician for further evaluation or queries.