chest-icon

Copd and emphasema

I am diagnosed copd and emphysema, six months back. In my CT scan, the doctor found, hypotenuse lesion 2 cms in lateral segment of right middle lobe. I consulted DS cancer research centre,bangalore. They are giving ayurvedic medicines for the last five months, suspecting, that it may be cancer. In these six months, there was no change in lesions size. My doctor in puttaparthi, is saying that it is not cancer and to discontinue medicines for cancer. I am in dilemma, what to do. Please advise me.

Doctor Answers (1) on Copd and emphasema

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi..... Quitting smoking is the most effective therapy for people with emphysema. Consequently, successful cessation is a major goal for people with COPD/emphysema. This goal usually can be reached with cooperation between the doctor, patient, family members, and friends. Quitting smoking usually requires patient education about the risks of smoking, methods to help the patient quit smoking and follow-up support....