Contraception
Dear Sir, We are about to get married. We are worried about contraception. We don't have much idea about it. I also know using physical barriers like using condome is not best idea. We don't want to have baby for atleast 2 years. I have heard about pills. Please guide me regarding usage of pills on following lines- 1) all about pills 2) when should one start taking pills 3) procedure/how to begin using pills (we don't have any idea about pills) 4) popular brands available in market & usage

Dr. Shambhu Nath Gupta
Obstetrician 29 yrs exp Sri Ganganagar

Please consult your gyno for Cu T insertion. Now a days freedom 5 ( PSI) is suggested for all women whether it is newly wedded couple, or active sexuAl girls Otherwise take low estrogen pills are best for you.
Dr. Vijyaben Patel
Gynecologist 37 yrs exp Ahmedabad

Hi, your worries for selection of contraception method and details of oral pills indicates your carefulness and health consciousness. Ideally prior to start combination pills (two main types of pills are available one estro progesterone combination and other only progesterone pills). Each one is having good and bad effects. Only progesterone pills may give you intermittent bleeding while combination pills to estrogen sensitive people may raise their Blood pressure ,some times after many cycles ,other times in very first cycle leading to catastrophe.So I personally advice you to consult your Dr and start your 1st cycle under guidance and report any sign or symptom to your Dr if it happens. In my 36 yr of practice I have recorded 2 pt with high Bp going into coma.