Continuos Hiccups

Hello, My father for the last few days is getting continuous hiccups and we have tried homeopathy treatment as well but in vain. He had this problem a month earlier and it continued for almost 10 days and then stopped. He was prescribed medicines like Pan D, Sucrol syrup and other Vitamin capsules but this actually didn't work and the hiccups one day stopped itself. It has again started this week and no home remedies seems to stop it. I am very worried as I am not sure what to do. He had a cerebral attack 5 years back and taking him to a doctor is very difficult since his right side is paralyzed. Please suggest me as to what I should do in order to solve this problem for my father. Thanks

Doctor Answers (2) on Continuos Hiccups

Naresh Kumar Monigari Karimnagar | Consultant Physician
Hello, hiccups may be a manifestation of hyponatremia. Get serum sodium levels done , if there is hyponatremia u need to take him to a doctor. If that is normal T. Baclofen 10 mg 1 stat can be given. Baclofen may cause sleepiness as side effect so u can try one tab if not controlled with that and for treating intractable hiccups we need to give chlorpromazine...
Dr.Swarup Kumar Ghosh. Kolkata | General Physician
Imedite best docter adv.