diabetes-icon

Continous diarrhoea

This query is for my dad who is 48age nd now around three to five days he is in trouble watever he is eating daily two three tyms diarrrhoea pblm..and he is eating very little only.. Is there any big pblm behind this or it can be cured by Treatment by tablet,kindly suggest on this!!

Doctor Answers (1) on Continous diarrhoea

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there..I can understand your concern for your father. Looks like he suffering from acute gastroenteritis. In this condition it is important to keep him well hydrated(ask him to take plenty of fluids like water, coconut water, ORS solution) and provide only home food(more of curd rice). Start him on probiotics like capsule vibact, twice daily after food, for 5 days. If the condition doesn't improve in two days or it gets worse, kindly consult a general physician for further evaluation. He might need oral antibiotics.