Consult for HPV?

My girlfriend has HPV (diagnosed today, level of infection unknown). I wanna get myself checked for the same. Do I consult a general physician or a dermatologist or a urologist?
views-icons 58 Views Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Chethan R S
General Physician Bangalore

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹250 for 24 hrs

Hello there...., Human papilloma infection occurs in sexually active men and women.. It is an sexually transmitted infection.... Any warts caused by HPV usually resolves on its own over a period of time...If persists other interventions such as cryotherapy, laser therapy, electro cautery is needed.... The warts and lesions are visible to the naked eye and are diagnosed by inspection of the lesion and biopsy....Consult Your Dermatologist for further evaluation ....
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?