Constipation

Hi doctor! Is there any tablet available at the drug store to loosen the stool as I haven't pooped for last couple of days! I tried hard today but it was so painful and havent pooped today too... Expecting a quick reply. Please help!

Doctor Answers (2) on Constipation

Dr. Disha Sridhar Bangalore | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hope you got a laxative. Constipation is a deep seated problem in your digestive system which should be healed from the root cause. Longterm use of laxatives may backfire.
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...I can understand your concern. If you haven't passed any stools at all since two days, then it's better to consult a general surgeon once for local examination. Getting hard stools in such hot weather is common(due to excessive loss of water). Take plenty of fluids. eat foods rich in fibres like green leafy vegetables and raw fruits, vegetables. You take syrup looz (or any syrup containing lactulose). 10 ml in the night. If there's no relief in two days, then kindly consult a nearby general surgeon for further evaluation.