Conjetion in nose

Hello, Due to conventional problem I'm not able to sleep properly, if in case I slept in between I woke up because I'm snoring very badly.. Please suggest some precautions and medicines

Doctor Answers (1) on Conjetion in nose

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hello... Based on the history you have given, I think you should know that there are many reasons which causes sleep disturbance like infection of respiratory tract, sinuses or allergies, deviated nasal septum making it difficult to breath while sleeping, Hormones like thyroid imbalance can also affect sleep. Sleep apnea as such is due to imbalance in the throat muscles relaxation while sleeping leading to snoring and awakening in the middle of the sleep, daytime sleepiness... Certain lifestyle changes can be helpful like reduction of weight since obesity is associated with sleep apnea. Surgical options are available in certain centres... Kindly visit a sleep clinic if available in your place, if there is no availability of such thing consult a ENT specialist for further management.