Congested breathing

I have been a constant sufferer from allergies since childhood; runny nose, sneezing, Watery eyes. I have a slight nasal septum in my left nose. Doctors suggest it's all right but I have been suffering fro
m difficulty in breathing at night times. Phelgm gets accumulated resulting in slight weezing. Please suggest me.

Doctor Answers (2) on Congested breathing

Dr. Vinay S Bhat Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
your history is suggestive of generalised allergic disorder of airway which is called as allergic rhinitis with allergic bronchitis. there is definitely no role of nasal surgery for your disorder unless medicines does not relieve your nasal blocks. there is no complete cure for this disorder but can be controlled efficiently. you need to use steroid nasal sprays with antihistamines for many months. you may also need bronchodialator inhalers for your wheezing problems.. consult nearby ENT specialist for complete evaluation
Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
If symptomatic, as it is in your case, even a "mild" septal deviation needs to be corrected because it is all in the location of the deviation.... Especially so when this deviation is at the valve area of the nose. Do drop in to my clinic with all your clinical records so that I could properly evaluate your complete airway and then suggest a plan of treatment that would best suit you. You will also need an allergy counselling session.
-Dr Gladson Guddappa Uchil
Healthcare@Basaveshwaranagar