Compression in nerve
My L4 is herniated and pressing a nerve(as seen in MRI) that causes severe pain in my leg that starts from my hamstring and then spread up in whole leg. Now i need to travel once for 2 hours tomorrow in car. Please advise a pain killer for above said situation that can help me in sitting continuously for 2 hours.

Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician Mandya
Hello,, pain sensitivity varies among individuals, most common pain medication used for disc herniation is NSAIDS with muscle relaxation combination for example tablet Dolowin - MR two times a day after food (along with antigastrits tablet like rantac 150mg before food), is the better option. Sit straight in the car, don't lift heavy weight, try to travel in good road, nice and smooth riding is the only option , take frequent breaks while travelling. Show to orthopedician as early as possible,, for further management of your herniated disc.