Complexion of baby

Hi doctor my son is 9 month old and I want to improve the complexion of my baby at birth he was fair after that he became dark. He is healthy.we both r very fair don't tell me genetical issue.if u can suggest any thing to improve my baby complexion pls suggest

Doctor Answers (1) on Complexion of baby

Hi. Greetings. I am sorry to hear this but it is indeed sad that you think in this manner for a child who is not even a year old. Leave the complexion and please let the child grow the way it wants and let it appreciate the colour given to him by nature and God. Also it could be constitutional or genetic since there may be a possibility that someone higher in your ancestry may have been dark and the genes may have showed up now. Also genetic mutations can occur with any one. It's wonderful that he's growing in a healthy manner. If you continue to think like this, you'll subconsciously inculcate in him a feeling that "fair colour is better" which may harm his psyche and may be harmful for the society in general the long run. I understand this is quite a debatable topic, but for now, the best advise is to allow him to grow in a healthy way. Also you could protect his skin and prevent darkening due to sub damage by using a sunscreen when he grows and plays out doors. Hope this helps.