Complexion n scalp pso

After my post pregnancy(pp) ie;my baby is 6months now my skin has bcum very dull n complexion is reduced...I'm wheatish but now I feel It's been reduced.dark circles r more...plz precribe wat treatment shud I undergo n daily use which moisturiser r cream I shud use.n my 2nd prob os scalp pso after my pp...

Doctor Answers (1) on Complexion n scalp pso

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
Pregnancy involves lot of hormonal changes to prepare you for birth. During that time areas like the face, body folds and certain other mildly pigmented areas of the body become darker in colour. This is a permanent change. You could use azelic acid containing creams or gels for your face at night and sunscreens in the morning. Sunscreens itself can reduce lot of your pigmentation. If you have developed a type of pigmentation called melasma you will need stronger creams. I am assuming the 2nd problem you are referring to is scalp psoriasis. If it is limited to scalp u can use clobetasol lotion for 15 to 20 days after bath. U can use a coal tar shampoo to remove scales on alternate days. Please note that all this must be done after a full checkup by a dermatologist as response to psoriasis varies from patient to patient. Also the cause of pigmentation on your face can vary from physiological to melasma. Hope this helps. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital. Bangalore