Cold in spam of one month

Hi I am 26 years old I suffered with cold, running nose, sore throat I dint use any tablets I was cured but after 3 weeks again the same issue but this time I uses Cepodem 200 twice a day for a week but still I have nose block and sneezes when I inhale and slightly running nose I have a deviated nasal septum from childhood and to clear my nose blocks I use Nasivion 0.05 drops I am worried about this cold like symptoms what is the remedy for the nose congestion and for cold?

Doctor Answers (2) on Cold in spam of one month

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | Otologist/ Neurotologist
Your answer is in your question itself. A deviated nasal septum causes narrowing of one nostril and widening of the other nostril. Though you are distressed by the narrow nostril, the bigger problem is the wider nostril as it reduces the efficiency of the nose to filter out the dust, infective droplets etc that you inhale daily. Consequently you are at a much higher risk of acquiring respiratory infections especially involving sinuses and throat!
Please use this app to find a good ENT Surgeon locally and get your nose operated. There is a new technique of doing it without any nasal packing or bandages. It involves use of LASERs and Endoscopes. It is relatively much more pleasant and will have you breating using your nostrils immediately after surgery. I specialise in doing that surgery. If you can come down to Bengaluru, I can help you out.
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there.

I can understand your concern.
With whose consultation are you taking cepodem?
It's a antibiotic and what will a antibiotic do in running nose?
In running nose situation you need to take a antihistamine like tab. Monti-fx once or twice a day after food for 3 days.
If it still doesn't reduce and only if there is any sign of infection, you should be on antibiotics.
Kindly consult a ENT specialist in person for further evaluation and management.
Best regards.
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.