CMV IGG in my 7 month ol

Dear sir My seven month old son is CMV IGG positive. Actually on regular checkup 2 month back his head circumference measured 45 cm. Therefore ,doctor in rewa M.P. ordered various test as TORCH test of son n his mother Funds test for eye MRI of brain CBC Urine culture Blood culture . However , in brain MRI mild dilation of ventricles wad diagnosed ,which neurologist said its normol . Also both son n mother were CMV IGG positive , sons reading is 19 unit whereas his mothers is 120 unit. Otherwise baby is normol and is growing as per the norm. In rewa one doctor suggested that we should go for ganclicovir injection course but i came to Jabalpur for second opinion and here i consulted 4 paedritician and all are against giving ganclicovir , as they say your baby is normol and CMV positive doesn't indicate any diseases. U take care of his diet n immunity. Han as your wife is also CMV positive, u have to take care of it in next delivery. Sir plz advise , what should we

Doctor Answers (1) on CMV IGG in my 7 month ol

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi...., In most children, there is no need for specific treatment for CMV infections. However, serious infections in children with weakened immune systems, can be treated with a ganciclovir.... Most children with CMV infections remain symptom free and lead completely normal lives, even though the virus remains inactive in the body. ... Most children with CMV have no symptoms but do pass the virus in their urine, so it is important to wash your hands every time you change a child’s diapers.... And this is the most important precaution to be taken....