Chronic sore throat. LPR

I have a chronic sore throat for last 2 years. I have been taking ppi and antacids for 2 years but never got relief. Could it be possible that LPR/gerd is misdiagnosed and the underlying problem is something else. Should I discontinue seeing the ent specialists and instead visit a gastroenterplogist ?

Hey, GERD cannot be cured so easily ,even after taking medicines you need to follow strict diet and healthy lifestyle  , try eating  small meals instead of three large ones whenever you can.  Avoid foods that irritate your stomach, especially those that are spicy, acidic, fried or fatty. Alcohol can irritate the mucous lining of your stomach. Stress may make your gastritis symptoms worse. Stress may be hard to avoid, but you can learn to cope with it. If you have trouble relaxing, consider calming activities, such as meditation, yoga  Usually GERD cannot be misdiagnosed, its easy diagnose GERD but difficult to treat.