Chronic low back stiffnes
I Have chronic low back stiffness due to spinal stenosis , on Pregabid 75 mg and Tryptomer 10mg for the last 2 years or so and routine exercises,still stiffness remains through the day. Pl suggest some other medicine that can be started and may give me relief with minimal side effects .

Dr. Chandan Mohanty
Neurosurgeon 7 yrs exp Mumbai
Hello, Sorry to hear this. Back stiffness may be due to a combination of muscle spasm and spinal stenosis. It can also be due to condition called ankylosing spondylitis.Please get the following blood tests done -ESR, CRP, HLA B-27. concentrate on stretching exercises and flexion based core and back strengthening programme. Best wishes.