Chronic dandruff

Hi Doctor, I have an acute case of dandruff on my scalp. I have showed this to many doctors but didn't had any impactful results till date. My hairs are falling because of this dandruff. I don't know what to do. Please help

Dr. Pradnya Shastri
Trichologist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

Were all those doctors you visited dermatologists? If no, then visit a dermatologist. Dandruff is a tendency of the scalp. So understand that even after treatment you will need to use antifungal shampoos to maintain the scalp skin. A dermatologist will be able to guide you properly. This will certainly help you keep the dandruff under control and in turn reduce your hair fall. Again understand that hair fall treatment/ dandruff control takes a while . So be patient and you will benefit.
Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Trichologist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi. Greetings. Seborrhoea capitis/ seborrhoiec dermatitis or dandruff is a chronic problem. Please note. Avoid using oils on scalp. This acts as food for fungus causing dandruff. You can apply it only at the hair part and not the scalp for short durations if you wish to. Secondly wash hair with antifungal / low strength corticosteroid based shampoos. Use maintenance shampoos regularly. You may need a course of oral antifungals if your condition is severe. See a dermatologist near you. Hope this helps. Warm regards. Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging.