Cholesterol marks
I have cholesterol marks on the upper inner corner of the both eyes. Is there anyway to get rid of them?
58 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Zubin Mandlewala
Dermatologist 7 yrs exp Mumbai
Hi, yes what you have possibly got is a condition known as xanthelasma. Many modalities exist for its removal, before which ideally you should get your serum total cholesterol level checked. If found to be high, then measures to lower that should be initiated. Application of TCA which is a controlled chemical substance can be given under care of an experienced dermatologist in these affected areas. Other method such as RF can also be opted for by the treating physician. Keep me posted on the follow up on private chat. Regards, Dr. Zubin Mandlewala MUMBAI
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.