Chest pain

My condition is bit weird, however when googled I found so many suffering with the same. I am suffering from continuous chest pain with symptoms similar to heart attack. Due to this I do master health check every year and all these year all the tests were negative. But still my pain persists.Few doctors said anxiety, costochondrites, panic attacks . But I m sure if there is no problem why I have the pain, does the brain create this scene like me having a heart attack. I have done endoscopy with H Pylori positive. I cannot swallow and have choking effect. Took medicine and stopped as it caused anxiety and I had to visit a psychiatrist.ENT normal, all the reports are normal but still I am suffering. One of the doctor said go for CT Angiogram, but I m bit hesitant to take that test. Could you please help me out. Heart problem is in my family with dad and all his brothers having attack. Is this the cause of my fear or should I really go for further tests. In years I never felt fresh mind.
views-icons 40 Views bookmarks-icon 2 Bookmarks 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Chest pain

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, I can understand your problem. It is good that you are getting regular health checkup. First you need to understand is heart attack in parents and there siblings, even though increases risk but are not going to recurr in their children for sure. So don't worry,, having good healthy life habits will well avoid the risk. The pain you are afraid now is mainly because of your anxiety. Remember gastritis, costocondritis, panic attacks all appear as heart attack and vise versa. When ECG is normal, blood cholesterol, suger and BP all are under normal limits, then don't worry, you don't have any disease.