Chest and Gastric Issues

Doc, While sleeping i feel gas bubbles running through my body specially around chest. I am worried and feel like understanding if i should go for a full body checkup to diagnose any health problems in my body. Also feeling constipated. What test and which specialist to go? ps: Smoking for past 6 years and now quitting

Doctor Answers (1) on Chest and Gastric Issues

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hi,i it could be due to indigestion. If you experience frequent indigestion, try eating small meals instead of three large ones whenever you can.  Avoid foods that irritate your stomach, especially those that are spicy, acidic, fried or fatty. Alcohol can irritate the mucous lining of your stomach. Stress may make your gastritis symptoms worse. Stress may be hard to avoid, but you can learn to cope with it. If you have trouble relaxing, consider calming activities, such as meditation, yoga . Consult physician or gastroenterologist