#ChennaiRainsHelp growth of my child

My son whose age is 3yrs 4 M is only78 Cm tall and weight is 10 Kg height is 170 Cm and mothers height is 157 Cm .he eats well and all type of food. Still growth is not appropriate. What doi do
views-icons 47 Views Bookmark this Answer

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Ashwani Koul
Pediatrician 5 yrs exp Jammu

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹200 for 24 hrs

The growth of your child is below the expected range for the age. Both his height and weight are lower than 3rd centile on WHO growth charts. 1st step would be to do a dietary evaluation for adequate calories proteins and minerals. If that's adequate see a pediatrician for a physical examination for any causes. US to LS ratio. And Plotting his growth from birth till now on a growth chart. Based on that further evaluation can be done. All this can be done if you visit a pediatrician or a pediatric endocrinologist.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?