Chalazion in right Eye

One of my friend had a little ingrown eyelash, I warned her that it might be chalazion as I was treated for the same in the past. However, ignoring this, she undergone a laser treatment for her eyes (for spects removal, don't know the exact term). Now, her eyelash is growing considerably fast and her doctor suggested to wait for 2-3 months before treatment, as it may affect the laser treatment. Can someone suggest something?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello 1. Lash growth is not related to lasik surgery 2.for chalazion u can ask for intralesional kenacort injection
Dr. Amarjeet
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 12 yrs exp Vadodara
Ingrown eye lash is usually not due to chalazion. Trichiasis is misdirection of the eye lash which rubs on the cornea & causes problems. However, if it is a single eye lash its not a big problem all you have to do is diode laser to the base of the eye lash & usually it does not recurr. However, if patient is planning lasik surgery it is better to wait for 3 months to see whether the eye lash grows again as it may require repeat treatment (diode laser).