Case of COPD
My father is suffering from COPD ..he used to smoke for 35 years 2 or 3 packets ciggrete daily now he left ciggrete 3 years back and he also had CAD so 3 years he went for CABG now all the blood test and heart test are normal he is taking drugs for heart ...but for copd he was taking a years ago FLUTICASONE + SALMETROL - 250 , & TIOTROPIUM BROMIDE but now only Seroflo 250 BD The problem i wanna ask u is... he dosnt have any problem in day time but whenevr in night he go to his bed and sleep sputum fotmatiin starts ..he has no problem with sitting position but when he lye doen n try to sleep he has to cough for sputum to expel out..( No orthopnea or nocturnal apnea) But only sputum so he takes levocetrizine + montulokast for that What else to do for him shoud we give him TIOVA also ??? He uses monticope daily ..is it safe ?? He used to exercise by lifting ball by expiration but now he has developed substernal hernia so can he still blow for that exercise ?? Plz help me

Dr. Pankaj K Bang
Pulmonologist 8 yrs exp Delhi

It looks like your father is suffering from stage 4 cops. For this u need to get him properly examined by a chest physician in your area.