Cardiac asthma

My friend is 22 and was diagnosed with cardiac asthma at the age of 17. Symptoms: pain in the chest region sometimes very severe, breathlessness, fatigue. She has been taking medicines to control it but very irregularly. She's also a heavy smoker and into drugs and alcohol. Is there a permanent cure to her condition??
views-icons 54 Views Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Ganesh Nallur Shivu
Interventional Cardiologist 16 yrs exp Bangalore
I suspect your friend was diagnosed with dilated cardiomyopathy. The first she has to do is give up smoking, alcohol and drugs. All these will worsen her condition.  She has to then take her meds regularly and review with cardiologist on a regular basis.  with these measures she will improve significantly.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?