Can it cause any issue

Recently I visited gynaecologist for pelvic pain and blood tinged discharge related issue. She prescribed ovral g. She told me to take one tablet each day for 20 days. When I visited her, it was my 6th day of period. I started taking from that day itself. Inside the pack of tablets it's written that it's to be taken from 5th day. Will this one day cause any issues? I couldn't contact that gynaecologist then, so I asked family physician, she said it's fine. But it's bothering me, so I am asking it here. Please advise.

Doctor Answers (1) on Can it cause any issue

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, I went through your query, OVRAL-G is a combination of two hormone, (levonorgestrel + ethinylestradiol),, nothing to bother, as your family physician said, yes you can start and continue these tablets as prescribed by your doctor. And please have regular follow up with your gynecologist.