Callouses on leg

I have callouses on my feet which sometimes are painful when i walk kindly let me know any home remedy

Doctor Answers (2) on Callouses on leg

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
The most common cause of corns on the feet is walking or running in ill-fitting shoes. Even standing for very long periods of time wearing tight shoes or high heels can cause corns.

Other possible causes are walking without wearing shoes, wearing shoes without socks, and manual labor or taking part in sports activities that put pressure on the feet.

You have  to wear comfortable flat shoes instead of high-heeled shoes
Do not try to cut the corn or callus yourself. You could make it more painful and it might become infected. Consult surgeon they will remove it scalpel
The citrus acid in lemon works to soften the hardened skin that makes up the corn, so it eventually falls out.
Garlic is a natural antioxidant and hence very helpful in treating corns. Also, its antibacterial and antifungal properties will prevent infection.

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
If you have diabetes or another condition that causes poor blood flow, consult your doctor before treating a corn and callus on your own.
If you have no underlying health problems, try these suggestions to help clear up a corn or callus:
Use over-the-counter pads. Apply a pad to protect the area where a corn or callus developed. Be careful using over-the-counter (nonprescription) liquid corn removers or medicated corn pads. These contain salicylic acid, which can irritate healthy skin and lead to infection, especially in people with diabetes or other conditions that cause poor blood flow.
Soak your hands or feet. Soaking your hands or feet in warm, soapy water softens corns and calluses. This can make it easier to remove the thickened skin.
Thin thickened skin. During or after bathing, rub a corn or callus with a pumice stone, nail file, emery board or washcloth to help remove a layer of toughened skin. Don't use a sharp object to trim the skin. Don't use a pumice stone if you have diabetes because your risk of infection is higher.
Moisturize your skin. Apply moisturizer to your hands and feet to help keep the skin soft.
Wear comfortable shoes and socks. Stick to well-fitting, cushioned shoes and socks until your corn or callus disappears.