Bypass surgery - MICS

My uncle is consulting Apollo Bangalore for heart blockages and he's told to undergo the latest MICS technique heart surgery by Dr. Sathyaki Nambala. He's just a little concerned about this new technique and is constantly worried about the outcome. Since it's a new technique, not many reviews r available online and therefore I chose practo to see if some doctor can give his view on the same. About the risks and is there any particular aspect the patient should be concerned about? Should he go ahead with the new procedure or opt for the conventional method. Awaiting all possible replies. Thanks in advance.

Dr. Ashish Srivastava
Cardiologist 5 yrs exp Ambedkar Nagar

What is the CAG report All will depend on the findings of that plus other diseases he is suffering MICS is minimally invasive cardiac surgery It's a newer technique and includes balloon angioplasty, stenting and minimally invasive cardiac surgery CABG Either of the above is to be chosen depending on CAG findings and other co morbidities Send me the details of CAG and what your doctor has advised so that I can guide you further Dr Ashish Srivastava General Physician & Clinical Cardiologist