Burning irritating in eye

Symptoms...Burning irritation in eyes.. Sticky white discharge... Continuous itching in eyes... Eye drops not helped and refresh tears also not helping... Pls give some solution or temporary emergency relief home remedies.. Have tried cucumber slice and ice pack.. Wet handkerchief.. But no relief... Please suggest...
views-icons 41 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello. I think you have allergic conjunctivitis. 1. Eye allergies, called allergic conjunctivitis, are a common condition that occurs when the eyes react to something that irritates them (called an allergen). 2. The eyes produce a substance called histamine to fight off the allergen. As a result, the eyelids and conjunctiva (the thin, filmy membrane that covers the inside of your eyelids) become red, swollen and itchy, with tearing and burning. The key to treating eye allergies is a. Avoid or limit contact with the substance causing the problem. B. Avoid rubbing eyes instead do cold compresses. C. Use antiallergic eyedrop like olopat eyedrop twice daily d. Lubricating eyedrop like flogel thrice daily e. Use mild steroid like flurisone in pulse dose in severe allergy this will help you I am very sorry dear to say that there is no medicine that can cure allergy. Only way is to stay away from all those things that you are allergic to. This is a provisional diagnosis. consult your ophthalmologist for detailed examination If possible kindly send me photos of your eyes
Dr. Ankita Daftary
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 24 yrs exp Mumbai
Sticky discharge means infection. Please consult your nearest ophthalmologist.