chest-icon

Broncho Vascular Markings

I am trying to move to UAE. I had a chest xray in 2013 when I had suffered breathlessness along with the cold I had. It says "Both Hila are congested with increased broncho vascular markings suggestive of lower respiratory tract infection with bilateral paracardiac patchy segmental pneumonitis" All other parameters were clear and normal. As the medical approval needs a scar free chest xray, is there anyway that these markings can be treated as scars. I am pretty ok for the past 3 years and haven't experienced breathing problems although I have cold/cough problems intermittently. Also my IGE levels were very high at that time. I have quit smoking for almost 3 years after that incident. Your valuable advice is highly appreciated.

Dr. Amruth Sindhu
Pulmonologist 7 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi. I understand your concerns. You will need to undergo a detailed examination. As the chest x ray findings could be due to asthma or bronchitis. If you are treated for the same after assessment your x ray also may be fine. Consult a pulmonologist for the same. if you are from bangalore you can consult me at my clinic at hebbal kempapura. Details are given in practo. Hope your questions were answered. Thanks.