Broken Tibia and Fibula

I had broken my tibia and fibula bone of right leg on 25th July this year.A surgery was done to insert a titanium rod.It was done in Bangalore itself in Command Hospital of Indian Air Force.After that I came back to Chandigarh for recovery.Right now the pain and swelling is reduced.I have started to put little amount of load also while walking using walker.I work in an IT services company and i am on leave since the accident. I was hoping to rejoin in october, so i am coming to bangalore on 23rd september.I wanted to take your advice as i would be needing physio sessions to restore the range of motion and strength in my leg.Please suggest your opinion.

Doctor Answers (1) on Broken Tibia and Fibula

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.... Maximum protection is given to fractured bone in first week, shouldn't bear weight in first week. Start bearing weight after 1 and half month. Start with 25%of your body weight. Gradually increase weight wean from crutches... Start moving limb within possible range from 10 weeks onwards. Consult orthopedic surgeon in nearest hospital for evaluation of progression .