Breathlessness
Sir my mom is suffering from breathlessness as she is not able to breathe completely Nd suddenly wake up from sleeping as she says that she thought there is something heavy in her neck and chest..will her breathlessness is curable ..my family is tensed

Dr. Harisha N L

Hi there I understand your concern...it may be paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnea...The cause of these symptoms is a sudden build-up of fluid in the lungs. This is usually due to excessive strain on the left side of the heart and is a form of heart failure...you should take your mother to nearest cardiologist for clinical examination and evaluation they will guide you further.

Breathless when lying down