Breathing problem

Sir,will vagus nerve disorder affect breathing?I'm having problem in breathing I Cnt take a deep breath n even yawn coz every time I do so it feels like its blocked.im also hving palpitation.is this a sign of vagus nerve disorder?

Hello there. I can understand your concern but would like to know how you came to a great diagnosis as this? Vagus nerve can cause a lot of problems and a lot of things, simpler things can be the cause of your problems. Also, I have not heard of a nerve getting blocked. A artery may get blocked but not heard a nerve getting blocked. My colleague has already stated the probable causes for your breathing discomfort and palpitations as well. So I will not go in that. My advice would be either consult a general physician or a pulmonologist for this issue. Avoid smoking, if you are a smoker. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Navya G
Hi there.. vagus is got nothing to do with breathing problem or palpitations.. instead its function is, it decreases heart rate.. breathing problem could be due to lung diseases, or breathing muscles strain.. feeling something blocking or obstruction could be because of some block in respiratory tract.. if it's pain/catch when you take deep breath or yawn then it's because of muscle spasm.. if you have voice change, sound while taking breaths and breathing problem then only it's related to vagus nerve(due to vocal cord paralysis)