chest-icon

Breathing problem

I cant breathe in through mouth properly, my chest feels congested while I breathe in and I have to put a lot of strength to breath in some times. Also, I feel cough stuck in my throat. Is it cause of acidity or something else?

Doctor Answers (2) on Breathing problem

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
hello,Acid reflux is where acid is regurgitated (brought back up) into your throat and mouth. Regurgitation of acid usually causes an unpleasant, sour taste at the top of your throat or the back of your mouth.and may enter respiratory tract can cuase asthama like symptoms , that is cough with out sputum , difficulty in breathing. to need to consult a general physcian in person , to rule out the cuase .
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern but you are not supposed to breathe through your mouth. You are supposed to breathe through your nose and if you can do that well, it's fine. If you feel there is some congestion, then get it checked out by a physician in person. If you are a smoker , you need to avoid smoking altogether. Take steam inhalations. It's not related to acidity. I hope you get my point. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.