Breast milk

My son is about a month old. My wife is feeding him but her milk is not adequate for him thereby ending up sitting for long time. She's getting back pain due to that and the baby is crying for milk at frequent intervals. The baby is fed the powdered milk sometimes. Please suggest what can be done to increase breast milk generation so that the baby will be healthy.

Doctor Answers (1) on Breast milk

Dr. Harjeet Kaur Faridabad | Pediatrician
Judge the sufficiency of breastmilk by weight gain only. Sucking is any baby's reflex over breast  n there are hundreds of reason for a baby to cry.You can supplement with  expressed breastmilk or any top milk  by spoon for time being .Mother can contact her gynaecologist for some drugs to increase breastmilk but a balanced diet and mentaly relaxed state are basic needs for good lactation .If weight gain is fine ,forget about it .Baby will be settled in few days more.If not gaining weight ,consult pediatrician for proper evaluation.