Brain Hemoraghe

My brother has met with an accident and lead to brain hemoraghe on left side. Its been 8days today he is semi consious but he cannot understand or speak. The only thing he is doing is opening and closing of his eyes and trying to get up from the bed but he cannot feel anything. His right side of the body has no power. Can neone tell me how much time does it take to recover and what we shall do. Its urgent please do not ignore this,

Doctor Answers (1) on Brain Hemoraghe

Dr. Chandan Mohanty Mumbai | Neurosurgeon
Hello. Very sorry to hear this. His features are consistent with a severe head injury causing a bleed inside his brain. No power on his right side means a paralysis of his right side due to the bleed. The time to recovery is dependent on factors like exact location of the bleed in the brain, size of the bleed, intracranial pressure (pressure caused by bleed on his brain tissue) and other associated injuries and medical condition. Hence it it's very difficult to give an exact time frame of recovery without having details of these. Usually the recovery may take months and may or may not complete. Is he admitted under a neurosurgeon? Please take a neurosurgical opinion since some cases of hemorrhage may benefit from a surgery. Wishing him a speedy recovery.